How to sew an Apron with The Loft
How to sew an Apron with Ariane Arand (The Loft)
When: Saturday, 22nd of April (10am-17pm, includes one hour break for lunch)
Where: Location: Rua Maria Andrade, 50A (Lisbon)
This class will teach how to sew The Victor apron by Merchant & Mills for makers of all disciplines, adjustable for all shapes and sizes and featuring a cross back for comfort, and two pockets (a top pocket for small objects and a large divided waist pocket with scissor holder).
- Introduction to the pattern and analysis of the pattern pieces
- Cutting the paper pattern and the fabric
- Sewing the apron
Skill level: advanced beginner. The workshop will be taught in Portuguese but the trainer is able to give instructions/guidance in English and German.
Students should bring or purchase in store: pattern, fabric, pins, scissors, buttonhole foot, brace clips, sliders and thread.
Some of these materials can be purchased at Retrosaria on the day of the workshop (please arrive a bit early so the workshop can begin on time): pattern, fabric, pins, scissors, and thread. Brace clips and sliders can be found in saddlery, tack or shoemakers shops (like Lusitaniapele or Domingos e Nogueira)
- Fabric suggestions - Oilskin, Dry Oilskin, Denim, Mid-Heavy Weight Cotton Canvas or Drill. Weight 190 gr to 350 gr
- Fabric 120cm wide: 1.50M. Fabric 150cm wide : 1.30M.
- Pattern: The Victor Apron by Merchant & Mills. Available at Retrosaria but it can be bought in other stores. It must be original, no copies will be considered.
- Matching thread.
- 2 x 30mm adjustable metal sliders
- 2 x 30mm brace clips.
Withdrawals/refunds: the registration fee will be refunded to students who for some reason cannot participate in the workshop and communicate their withdrawal up to ten days before the date of the workshop.