Carapins socks kit
A kit for Rosa Pomar's Carapins socks pattern by Rosa Pomar. This kit includes:
- two skeins of Cobertor yarn in chosen shades
- download of pattern in English (sent via Ravelry)
This pattern was originally published in the book 52 Weeks of Socks by Laine Publishing.
These slippers are worked cuff-down and in the round using the traditional Portuguese heel and spiral toe. They are purled all the way, so this might be the perfect opportunity to try or practise the Portuguese knitting style, which makes purling easier and faster than knitting.
The Carapins are finished through light felting and teaseling so that a dense nap is raised on the knit side (which is the inside).
M: 37 - 39
L: 40 - 42
Finished measurements (after light felting)
Cuff to heel: 24cm
Foot length: 24 (27)cm
Yarn: 2 skeins of Cobertor by Rosa Pomar.
Needles (not included): US 10 / 6 mm DPNs or 32”
Notions (not included): Stitch markers, tapestry needle, flick carder (or dog slicker brush).
13 sts x 17 rows to 4" / 10cm on US 10 / 6mm in stockinette stitch, after light felting.
- 807 - 1 skein of Cobertor in shade 801 and 1 skein of Cobertor in shade 807
- 803 - 1 skein of Cobertor in shade 801 and 1 skein of Cobertor in shade 803
- Choose colors - use the special instructions field in the shopping cart to indicate your choices